The Hofstra Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band performs their annual fall concert at the Toni and Martin Sosnoff Theater, John Cranford Adams Playhouse, South Campus, on Saturday, December 3, from 8-10:30 p.m. Directed by Peter L. Boonshaft and James McCrann, the program features a wide variety of traditional and contemporary works.
Performances by the Hofstra University Wind Ensemble:
- Leonard Bernstein’s Overture to “Candide”
- Joel Puckett’s Emory’s Barcarolle
- Johann Sebastian Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
- Aaron Copland’s Down a Country Lane
- Henry Fillmore’s Americans We
And the Hofstra University Symphonic Band:
- Frank Ticheli’s An American Elegy
- Bach’s Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring
- Andrew Boysen’s Kirkpatrick Fanfare
- and Stephen Melillo’s Escape from Plato’s Cave
Members of the Hofstra community receive up to two free tickets upon presentation of a current HofstraCard. Tickets are $10 general admission; $8 senior citizen (over 65) or matriculated non-Hofstra student with ID.
Tickets are available online and at the Hofstra Box Office at 516-463-6644, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-3:45 p.m. If seats are available, tickets will also be sold at the door starting 90 minutes prior to the start of the concert.