As part of Hofstra University’s Debate 2016 program schedule, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business will host a panel discussion on “Analytics and Decision Making” on Wednesday, Sept. 21. Panelists will explore the impact and value of analytics in major sectors of our economy.
Big data is getting more precise, more accessible, faster and cheaper. Analytics software is becoming increasingly more advanced and widespread. As a result, the proliferation of data and advances in new technology enable private business, government, education and the military to make better decisions, faster and cheaper. Business and the economy are changing.
Dr. Farrokh Nasri, Professor of Information Systems and Business Analytics, will moderate the discussion. Panelists include:
- Timothy Cecere, Chief Talent Officer and Director of Human Resources, GroupM Worldwide
- Dr. Yosef Dlugacz, Senior VP, Krasnoff Quality Management Institute and Chief of Clinical Quality, Education and Research, Northwell Health
- Diane Garnick, Managing Director and Chief Income Strategist, TIAA
- Dr. Michael Rappa, Distinguished University Professor and Director of the Institute for Advanced Analytics, North Carolina State University
- John A. Turato, VP of Technology, Avis.
The panel discussion will be held at the Guthart Cultural Center Theater, Axinn Library, from 4- 6 p.m. This event is free and open to the public with registration.