A discussion about the field of Industrial/Organizational Psychology, an area of study that blends psychology and business, will be held Wednesday, May 20, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at 246 East Library Wing, South Campus. The event will address I/O Psychology as a career option and also how it can be beneficial to one’s existing business. The field of Industrial/Organizational Psychology has been featured in TIME magazine as one of the top five fastest growing professions of 2015.
Some of the issues to be discussed include how I/O Psychology can help a company achieve increasing profits, increasing sales and dropping litigation rates. I/O Psychology may also help businesses develop better leaders who increase employee engagement, integrate strategic change globally and develop effective employee selection tools.
Speakers include guests from private industry and Hofstra faculty:
- Brad Haime, Senior Director, PepsiCo
- Madelyn Marino, Vice President, Human Resources, American Express
- Lindsay Pyc, Knowledge Coordinator, McKinsey & Company
- Brian J. Ruggeberg, Partner, AON Hewitt
- Peter J. Rutigliano, Managing Director, Sirota Consulting
- Comila Shahani-Denning, Professor of Psychology and Director of the MA Program in I/O Psychology
- Terry Shapiro, Associate Provost for Accreditation and Outcomes Assessment
- Cong Liu, Associate Professor of Psychology and Director of the PhD Program in Applied Organizational Psychology
Hofstra offers an MA in I/O Psychology and a PhD in Applied Organizational Psychology. This information session is free, but advance registration is required. Hors d’oeuvres will be served. For more information call the Office for the MA Program in I/O Psychology at (516) 463-6029 or visit hofstra.edu/ioopenhouse to register online.