This year’s 18th annual Hofstra University Gala honors the 2013-14 Teachers of the Year and highlights the establishment of the School of Engineering and Applied Science and the School of Health Sciences and Human Services.
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Herman A. Berliner has announced the following recipients of the Teacher of the Year award for each school or college:
- Ellen T. Frisina, Associate Professor, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations, Lawrence Herbert School of Communication
- Mauro J. Caputi, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Sarah A. Novak, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Psychology, Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Holly J. Seirup, Ed.D., Associate Professor, Counseling and Mental Health Professions, School of Health Sciences and Human Services
- Katie M. Sell, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Health Studies and Kinesiology, School of Education
- Elizabeth K. Venuti, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Accounting, Taxation and Legal Studies in Business, Frank G. Zarb School of Business
- James J. Sample, J.D., Associate Professor of Law, Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- Dr. William Rennie, M.D., FACEP, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Course Director, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
The honorees will be recognized at commencement exercises, as well as during the annual gala on Thursday, May 1 at the David S. Mack Sports and Exhibition Complex, North Campus. The gala is the most prestigious event the University hosts each year and raises more than $1 million for student scholarships. For more information on attending, please visit hofstragala.com.