New Lights Installed At James M. Shuart Stadium

New Lights Installed At James M. Shuart Stadium

Oct 29 • Athletics, Women's Lacrosse • 1156 Views • Comments Off

The Hofstra University Department of Athletics is excited to announce that new lights have been installed at James M. Shuart Stadium.

The project, which started on October 21, was completed on October 25.

Hofstra worked with Musco Sports Lighting on the installation of the new lighting at James M. Shuart Stadium, which opened in 1963 as Hofstra Stadium and was renamed after former Hofstra President James M. Shuart in 2002.

The new lighting includes four 90-foot poles that each houses 84 1500-watt metal halide lamps.

In addition, eight LED fixtures for walkways and bleacher lighting have been installed.

The entire system will be operated using Musco’s Control-Link® system. Control-Link® is a reliable, cost-effective system that helps control, monitor, and manage new recreational facility lighting.

The fall of 2012 saw James M. Shuart Stadium outfitted with a brand-new FieldTurf Revolution surface.

James M. Shuart Stadium, the largest and finest outdoor sports and entertainment complex on Long Island, regularly hosts approximately 100 events each year.

The stadium will host the NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Quarterfinals on Saturday, May 17, 2014.

Comments are closed.

« »